Want to get a ROUND OF APPLAUSE for the stuffing you serve this year? I have the BEST stuffing recipe sure to be the perfect accessory to your Thanksgiving dinner!!!
~Apple & Sausage Stuffing ~
Let's get cooking!!!
Preheat oven to 350 degress
1 full bag of celery (you'll chop the first half of this including the leaves)
1 yellow onion (peeled and chopped)
1 small bag of carrots (approx. 6 carrots peeled and chopped)
1 Macintosh apple (chopped - leave skin on)
1 (16 oz) Package of sweet Italian sausage (if you can't find it loose, it's okay to buy the links and take the casings off)
1 bag of Country Style Cubed Stuffing from Pepperidge Farm
2 boxes of low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
Salt & pepper
Oil for sautéing
Large high sided skillet
9x12 Glass pan ~ Glass is better if you have it so you can confirm how deep the stock gets in the pan
Note: The vegetable and sausage mixture can be made ahead of time and assembled when you are ready. This makes it portable if you are cooking at home or at someone's house.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Chop all your veggies and apple and leave on cutting board until its time to cook. Note: the greens of the celery have the most flavor to any dish. Chop those too and include them in your veggie pile.
2. In a deep skillet set to medium heat, spray with cooking spray & sauté sweet Italian sausage. While sausage is cooking, stir occasionally to break up into small pieces.
3. When meat is lightly brown, take out of pan and set aside in the baking dish you plan to bake the stuffing in. DO NOT WASH SKILLET BETWEEN THESE STEPS.
4. add a little oil to your pan and leave at medium-low heat and add all the diced vegetables and diced apple. Sauté for approx. 10 minutes stirring constantly, but do not beat up the veggies. When onions start to look translucent, add salt and pepper to taste).
5. Add sausage back in and continue to sauté until everything is soft but not mushy.
6. Pour half of the bag of stuffing cubes in baking pan and then add the meat & veggies and stir all together. Add remainder of stuffing in the back and stir until everything is well distributed.
7. Shake the broth and pour one cup at a time over mixture and stir. This will likely call for approx. 2-1/2 cups when you are done ~ but I like to eyeball it to judge how moist it is. Stir well. It should be fairly moist.
8. Bake in preheated oven set to 350 for 30 minutes uncovered.
Disclosure: Some of the shopping links attached are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
10/12/2022 02:42:28 am
Last goal live for example particular. Drop drive guess who describe support.
Comments are closed.